Instant Raspberry Mousse
IngredientsFor the Raspberry puree:
- 1/2kg fresh raspberries, cleaned and cut in pieces
- 1 handful fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3rd cup sugar
- 1 lime juice
- 6tbsp raspberry puree, either freshly made or store-bought
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3tbsp icing sugar
- Prepare the raspberry coulis by combining together the raspberries, cranberry, sugar and lime juice in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Over low heat, cook for about 15 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved and the juices start running.
Once that is done, remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour in a blender or food processor and blend till the concoction is well-blended and no chunks remain. Strain and reserve the concoction.
- For the mousse, combine 4 tablespoons of the coulis with the whipping cream and icing sugar. Put this mixture into the main body of the whipped cream dispenser – make sure not to overfill the whipper.
- Then screw down the head and prepare to charge it with two cream charges – after the release of nitrous oxide from each charger then give the whipper a good, brisk shake.
Let cool in the fridge for one hour before using. Use a thick nozzle and spray approximately 1/6th of the prepared concoction from the dispenser into a small glass or serving dish. Top with the remaining coulis and serve immediately.